Skip to main content

The Real Win

Its been a while, I'm currently adapting to Ogden, UT and the team I'm playing for here, the Mustangs. By the time I post this we on a hot streek of winning 10 straight games, but I want to talk about the Real Win.
   Yes, I kinda stole that from the book I'm reading for my by-weekly FCA Discipleship calls, The Real Win By Colt McCoy, but it's one relevant book. Success may look good for a hot streek team and gives us a comfort of stability; But now if the team was on a losing streek, nothing would be stable and things will be shifting daily trying to reach for that success. But the real question should be is in either one of these's sittuations, how would a you feel? Happy, mad, content or stressed?
 
These are normal human emotions but if we use these in a aspect of how we feel about success, then where unstable ourselves. There's a verse I found in this book about leaning on 'The Rock' and finding a peace mind, "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock."
Isaiah 26:3‭-‬4 NLT
 
Meaning no matter what happens during the game, it shouldn't give us a bipolar effect in our life. I myself have been working on this through the ups and downs of seasons and it's not a easy thing. It's a every day, every moment choice to truly trust what God is doing and understand that we don't control anything but ourself.

  To add, I'm truly blessed to call Ogden home for a season. It has grown me not only hockey wise, but truly learning how to connect to a community; including the local Christian's and church's. I pray that God keeps a hunger in me to help people, spreading his message of hope and keep maturing into a man of God. I believe that's the true win I'm after... but winning hockey games are nice too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ripple effect

FCA Hockey has started ‘the ripple effect’ on social media that you can learn from here https://www.nscacademy.org/the-ripple-effect/ A ripple can be caused when you drop a rock in water. An uncountable amount of ripples follow the rock from the surface of the water to the bottom where the rock stops, yet the impact is still felt. We can use this example when implying our faith in God and what Jesus has sacrificed for everyone. His ripple has been a mighty wave for thousands of years. The ripple we're talking about from the article started with me in Allen, Texas when I witnessed the ripples a player named Gary Steffes spread for the glory of God. I then followed the kneeling prayer at center ice in home rinks, and on the blue line in away rinks. I’ve been doing that now for over 6 years now and have many players joining me over the years. My siblings for one have done this, and in youth hockey in TX and New England have many teammates, coaches, parents, refs, zam drivers, y...

A year without Hockey

My season and junior hockey career ended by falling short to the playoffs with the CT Chiefs on February 28th, 2020. I was injured (but still playing), touring multiple college campuses, texting and emailing with college coaches to get them to come see if what I had to offer was good for their program.  Energy, Speed, relentlessness, passion and loyalty. Injured or not, I was driven to get on a college team and take the next step in my life. Then as I was a phone call away from commiting to a college, that's when the world literally started shutting down. 14 days to flatten the curve.  The hockey world, while I was at a rink watching pro sports, shut down right before my own eyes. People preluding to wearing masks even before the mandatory mask mandates and breaking news that weekend of a national shutdown across the U.S. I was heartbroken, stressed and feared what would happen next for everyone in everyday life and hockey.  The only thing that kept me sane an...

Don't be scared to take a hit

   Sorry guys for not posting in a while, its been a crazy couple of weeks. Lets start with a story from the bible- Jonah    Jonah back in the day was a modern day prophet at his time in his 'mission trip' to assure people about the living God, his word, and his promises. He was a clever man and seemed to be fearless for God was on his side... Jonah 1 1-3 NLT "The lord gave this message to Jonah son of Amittai: “Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh. Announce my judgment against it because I have seen how wicked its people are.” But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the lord . He went down to the port of Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the lord by sailing to Tarshish."        So a man strong in his faith with God ran away... Isn't that ironic that sometimes when the odds are against us and we are destined to do the imp...